Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, May 15, 2016

First half of May 2016

May 2 was pretty intense weather wise.

blogDSCN3457

Fortunately I got home from work before the hail started pouring down.

blogDSCN3459

One of my hydrangeas has started blooming recently.

blogDSCN3474b

I don't think my other hydrangea will have blooms this year because a late frost demolished its buds in late April.

blogDSCN3479

The butterfly weed above is starting to pop up all over my yard so hopefully I'll have lots of butterflies.

blogDSCN3485

I took the shot above today (Sunday May 15) of the Falls Lake Visitor center.

blogDSCN3491

It was a perfect day for a hike.

blogDSCN3512

There are a lot of good hiking areas, nature preserves and recreational areas that are part of the area surrounding Falls lake and Dam (Wake County North Carolina).

blogDSCN3515

I almost hate to say North Carolina.

blogDSCN3519

I love my state but lately it has become an embarrassment with stupid legislation and a narrow minded group of politician.

blogDSCN3528

I think I'll stop talking politics and return the world of nature in NC.

blogDSCN3533

We didn't walk down to the lake but I did take some shots through the trees.

blogDSCN3537

When I got home I spotted the feather below in my driveway.

blogDSCN3545

5 comments:

Photo Cache said...

Hi Carver. How have you been. I missed your daily posts.

The hydrangea is really beautiful and looked very healthy. I cannot seem to grow them very well.

Penelope Notes said...

The blue feather seems like a lucky sign, Carver. I also like the wooden bridge in the forest and the roots that look somewhat like sculptures beneath the old trees. In my neck of the woods things have heated up considerably and fires are a concern, especially in the northeast of the province. Politics and the US election are worrying too. It’s a puzzler how it all got this far.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Yesterday's May looks a lot better to me than Mother's Day (tho you got wonderful pix of hail, wow, those were big stones). But I hope Spring is there for keeps now. I love hydrangeas. They are beautiful in all stages.

One thing I kind of always knew, but that traveling reinforced, is that you can't generalize about any State. I would never assume that everybody in NC (or Florida or Oregon) thought the same as everybody else in that State. Still I am delighted that you took time to distance yourself from the unthinking (that's a polite word) politics going on there right now. Like you, I generally try to keep blogging my "happy space" but occasionally I just have to say something too. Glad I'm not the only one and thanks for being courageous enough to say.

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful nature shots Carver, I loved that walk you took us on. So peaceful and relaxing. Politics can be worrying but nature takes us on a different road for a little while.

YTSL said...

Hi Carver --

I know what you mean about not liking political goings-on where you live but loving other parts of the place, including its natural wonders. Hopefully, things will improve politically -- both in North Carolina and Hong Kong -- and, meanwhile, we can enjoy and appreciate their nicer elements.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019