Translate

Blog Archive

Thursday, November 10, 2011

SkyWatch Friday: Blue Skies Abound


I managed to shoot the moon several times this week before sunset.

skywatchmDSCN1104
The wispy clouds below make me think of fairy dances.
skywatchbDSCN1133
I think yellow leaves are my most favorite of the autumn colors.
skywathyDSCN1194
There is something lovely to me about looking through the colorful leaves at the lake.
skywatchlDSCN1239
I like the sparkly path across the lake provided by the sky.
skywatchlDSCN1248
I think the leaves on the tree below look like red stars although that will be more noticeable when there aren't as many leaves on the tree.
skywatchDSCN1312
The dogwood leaves are more orange when they first change colors but at the stage below they are burgundy.
skywatchDSCN1334
I can't believe how many shots I've taken of the fall leaves this year.
skywatchDSCN1373
I always take a lot but this has been a long colorful fall. The blue sky is such a good background for autumn leaves.
skywatchDSCN1376
Click for the home of SkyWatch Friday.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fabulous blue skies you've had. That moon shot is lovely - so serene!

lissa said...

wonderful pics. love the colors of the leaves, makes it seem like summer.

Gillian Olson said...

Love those blue skies as a backdrop for the leaves.

Anonymous said...

your fall colors are getting better and better. i like the moon shot, so very whimsical.

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

The autumn colours stand out stunningly against the blue sky

Steffi said...

Wow!Great set of photos for SWF!The colours are so beautiful!Have a nice weekend!

Kay L. Davies said...

Wonderful photos! I love the moon shot.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Sylvia K said...

I do LOVE your blue, blue skies and the moon shot is terrific! You do have some of the most beautiful colored leaves and they're perfect against those skies! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Carver! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Valerie said...

Congratulations on that shot of the moon - awesome! I'm also with you re the view of the lake through gorgeous leaves and branches - beautifully framed.

Kim, USA said...

Fall colors is awesome and the blue sky is gorgeous! Happy Thursday!

SWF

EG CameraGirl said...

Such beautiful skies, and the leaves are spectacular!

toby said...

Your moon shot is breathtaking! And the foliage is gorgeous, too - I'm glad that you're enjoying Autumn!

Judy said...

What a great shot of the moon! And I had never thought to compare those wispy clouds with fairy dances! It just seems the best way to describe them!!
Love the quartet in the next post, too!
Now I must feed the cats, who are complaining...

Anna said...

I love the moon shot!
Beautiful fall colors with beautiful blue skies...
Have a great SWF and greetings from Holland,
Anna :-))

Karen said...

A stunning series of shots, that moon is fabulous!

http://graceolsson.com/blog said...

best skies of this weekend.


MARVELOOUS, DEAREST
NICE WEEKEND

Rajesh said...

Beautiful shots. I liked the shot of moon.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You are absolutely right that the blue sky makes a good background -- your photos are stunning. I didn't realize how lovely the dogwood leaves are in the Fall -- I need to pay more attention to them. I always loved it when Fall lasts a long time!

SandyCarlson said...

There is an abundance of beauty in your world. Thanks for sending it our way!

Judy said...

I love all your photos, but your moon shot is awesome!

Unknown said...

Photos like this make me miss fall. We don't have a show like that in Florida. It's beautiful.

Indrani said...

Wow! Love these visual treats.

Pearl Maple said...

Great photos of the sky from different angles and moods, thanks for sharing with us

Baruch said...

Great selection of photos. We have a full moon in Auckland tonight

Wenche said...

Beautiful shot, like the moonshot a lot :0)

Unknown said...

this post was a sheer visual treat!

happy swf!

cheers,
My Third Eye

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019