Translate

Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

ABC Wednesday: S is for Scenic


Sometimes slipping away for a scenic road trip is soothing for the soul.
abcwedsDSCN0589
I am not sure if the men were soldering the train tracks but let me pretend they are.
abcwedsolDSCN0986
I surely do like the scenery in the mountains. My heart soars and my spirit sings.
abcweddnSDSCN0727
I used to love to stride and hop across stones in creeks and rivers but even in warmer weather I don't risk that at this point in my life.
abcwedssDSCN1255
I am able to take a lot of steps to reach a particular view, although much more slowly than in years past. The photograph below only shows about 20 percent of the steps we took on this one path. I'm actually more secure on paths with steps than the trickier trails I used to hike on. Some of the other trails on this trip winded through the forest on overgrown dirt, rocks, and root paths which aesthetically I prefer but requires more caution not to slip. I only had one sticky moment where a root tried to trip me but I managed not to fall. Actually Bill steadied me which helped.
abcwedstDSCN0736
If your brakes start slipping it's nice to have a steep incline for runaway trucks. I suppose runaway cars can use it too.
abcwedstpDSCN1371
Click for the home of ABC Wednesday.

20 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

wow your new header is magnificent!
I love a lot this scenic post, all pictures are very interesting!
Léia

Judy said...

Beautiful photos! I sure loved driving through that area, it's so beautiful.

Sylvia K said...

Gorgeous captures, Carver! Looks like a fantastic trip and so much beauty! Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful day!

Sylvia
ABC Team

VioletSky said...

these green mountains are certainly very scenic!

Meryl said...

Great shots! I can almost feel like I'm there.

Roger Owen Green said...

stellar scenery but steep and scary stairs
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

I'll pretend with you that they are soldering! What beautiful scenery...nice to be able to take such glorious trips from my chair!

Reader Wil said...

Mountains and high hills is what we miss in the Netherlands. I like seeing your photos very much.

Kay L. Davies said...

Several scenic shots for S day, Carver, and all wonderful, including the men "soldering" the tracks!
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

anthonynorth said...

Beautiful photos.

Maryhocam said...

Stupendous photos!

Andy said...

I'd hate to fall down those stars. Looks like a great place to explore.

Hildred said...

Gorgeous greenery - I think I would forego the steps though.

Tumblewords: said...

Gorgeous greens and scenery to die for - spectacular!

Karen said...

Amazing scenery!

Indrani said...

I would like to travel the side road to right. Nice pics.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I like those steps, keeps me from sliding, which is often the case, and your shoes dry too.

Greensboro Daily Photo said...

Would love to go three! Great views. Where were they taken?

jane said...

What beautiful scenery - I love those mountains

Leslie: said...

Gorgeous views and what a staircase! Glad you didn't slip and fall. :D

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019